Friday, May 22, 2009

Baghdaddy Brouhaha

Interesting development in Baghdad:

Change has certainly come to Baghdad. And it appears that includes the U.S. Embassy, where they are holding what the invitation says is the first-ever U.S. Embassy Gay Pride Theme Party next Friday at Baghdaddy's, which is the embassy employee association's pub.

"Come celebrate the start of Summer with color . . . and in costume!" the May 10 invitation says. "Dress in drag or as a gay icon. All are welcome." The invitation was attached to what was called an "All Hands Alerts" e-mail.


http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/21/AR2009052104048.html?hpid=news-col-blog



I'm not sure if this is bravery or foolishness but props to the souls who put this on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty fascinating. I'd love to hear attendance numbers.

Daddy Cool said...

I know isn't it? This would never have happened under the old admin

Anonymous said...

I wish not acquiesce in on it. I regard as precise post. Specially the title attracted me to review the intact story.

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.