Monday, October 30, 2006

Scary complaining post! oooOOOOoooOOOoo

I have to laugh now at the idea that having a child could save a marriage. If anything it provides you with new material to fight over. In one of Dan Savage’s books he mentions having date nights away from the child so that they can remember what it was that made them want to be parents. I can relate. Perhaps it ‘s the coming chill in the air or fussiness at my declining gym schedule but there are days of late that I find it difficult to muster enthusiasm at stacking blocks. Plus there was the whole moving and we’re beginning renovations soon. Ha ha ha. What stress?

The new problem is that lately I’ve felt like I’ve been more of the disciplinarian. As E explores and gains even more mobility and climbing ability it’s exhausting. Plus as we’ve learned from others E’s an active child. Some days I’d like to take him to a running track and let him burn off a few miles. We stopped by Borders where I imagined a fun little visit with him enthralled by all the books and flipping through the pages until we decided on one. Reality: E goes to a shelf picks up a book, throws it on the floor, go to next book pick it up, throw on floor…

Somewhere in the middle I need to relax a bit more and L needs to step in more.

Tomorrow is Halloween and E will be the cutest bumblebee you’ve ever seen. I don’t think I’ve ever been this excited about Halloween before.

4 comments:

Red Seven said...

Will you post a picture of your busy bee?

BriteYellowGun said...

Multiply that feeling by four and you know how I feel almost everyday! I love our kids but seriously, I often think we were suffering from temporary insanity when we took this challenge on.

RIC said...

Enjoy it all, Brian, as much as you can! Have a wonderful day! :-)

Daddy Cool said...

r7eric, Yes, I will! Very soon.