Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hopin, Wishin, Waitin

I completed the draft review of my homestudy and sent it back to the social worker for corrections. Once I receive that I'll send the doc to my placement agency for review. I hate this part, waiting for others to complete a task. I'm afraid I had a bit of a meltdown a couple nights ago, arguing with L that we need to get things moving. I know the long wait is coming and so I want all the paperwork done. We haven't even begun the authentication process yet. There's no point starting until the docs are all at a common point.


The medical doc is done and I have my police clearances so really it's the homestudy that is holding things up, just like last time. Coincidentally it's also happening around the holidays. I wanted to be done in November. Ka-plow. Now, I'm looking at the end of December for dossier completion.

Now, I'm reading all I can about Vietnam adoption too. I think I'm better at filtering out the alarmists at this point. The process takes a certain amount of protectiveness. You take in as much as you can ignore the doom and focus on the positive. It's going to be a long night moon. I have my little man and he needs me. The rest is up to the universe.

No comments: