Thursday, July 06, 2006

Let sleeping dogs aaaargh!

Your home is a dangerous place.

Proof: I woke up around 2:30am to use the gentleman’s room or potty depending on your age and temperament. Stumbling around the bed I hit this large furry wall (also known as our dog Nemo). I pitch forward as he yelps and goes to stand up. This action sends me further off-balance, increasing my acceleration towards the nightstand. The corner hits me in the chest between my pectoral muscle and shoulder and my chin hits the top.

Nemo is ok but I’ve got a gash and a big bruise on my chest. My jaw feels like I was clocked in a bar fight. The dog is a rottweiler / Shepard mix weighing about 120 lbs. to give a visual on how he was able to flip me off my feet. I didn’t sleep much last night either because every time I rolled over I’d get a jab of pain.

I was attacked by a sleeping dog! I wonder if there are any government assistance programs.

4 comments:

Dan said...

Blimey... In a word, "ouch".
I think the dogs do it on purpose - they know exactly where you are and where you need to be in order to trip over them.

Steve said...

Yeah,but the bruise makes you look totally butch.

Minge said...

Aw, poor you. Have you got someone to rub it better?

Daddy Cool said...

Yes I do! He's quite handy. get it? ha! I kill me.