Friday, November 03, 2006

Update on the self-hating evangelical!

Haggard told CNN affiliate KUSA-TV on Friday that he received Jones' name as "a referral" from a hotel where he was staying in Denver.

He did not name the hotel. "I did call him," Haggard said. "I called him to buy some meth, but I threw it away.

"I was buying it for me, but I never used it. I was tempted, I bought it, but I never used it.

"He told me about it. I went there for a massage."


...

Riiiiiight. Well at least he's married and didn't have to try the "I've got a girlfriend, um, in Canada."

4 comments:

Minge said...

Some people think we're as stupid as they are.

BriteYellowGun said...

I feel sorry for his hateful, bigoted wife and their kids, having to live this big charade in front of the press and the cameras. She knows full well it's true. You can see it in her eyes...that knowledge that her world has just crumbled. It's kind of like how Tammy Faye looked twenty years ago.

Daddy Cool said...

It is such a mess. The more I learn about this Haggard character the more apalled I am.

Kapitano said...

Haggard's version of events seems to change every day. First there was complete denial, then an admission that there "some wrongdoing" without specifying whether it was drugs, sex or both. Then it was reported that he'd admitted the sex but denied the drugs, now he's saying he bought the drugs, threw them away, and...fell into bed with the dealer?