Monday, November 20, 2006

Ye Olde Bloggeth

A storm has knocked out our modem at home and so I only have limited connectivity. The weekend was a busy blur with shopping for cabinets, playing with E, and getting ready for a visit from another Guatemala adoptee family.

One thing that struck me is how much at odd moments I’ve come to rely upon the online world for info when I want it. If I want the weather, I go to the Web, if I need directions back to the Web. I was feeling positively Flintstonian without it. I was looking for a bird and a big shell so I could construct a computer.

With Thanksgiving coming up we have lots of shopping and food prep to do. It may be another week or so before I can pick up a new modem. In the meantime I may use my green stamps to buy a new gingham dress pattern. I hear there’s a new shipment of jam down at Oleson’s Mercantile we may need to check out too.

3 comments:

Dan said...

I'd be lost without my intarweb, so you're not alone matey :) Hope you get back online quickly, and don't have to resort to churning your own butter or anything "quaint" ;)

Doug said...

Sometimes I try to abstain from the web b/c sometimes Myspace can get the best of a teen.

RIC said...

I was away from home for a week, and I had no connection at the place I was staying in: what a tragedy! In the beginning I got the sensation I couldn't do anything else with my spare time...
Wish you all the best! No more storms!