Friday, January 05, 2007

Dance this mess around!

I’m not sure where this idea of renovating our house right after the holidays came from. I believe the logic was we hate this kitchen and we know we need to replace the appliances soon so let’s rip the whole thing out. While we’re at it, let’s add a huge closet to our bedroom just so we have construction on all levels! Yaaaay!

One of E’s newest words is “mess” so he is very helpful in pointing out the plastic strung up everywhere as “mess” and the dust settling in all over the bedrooms and bathrooms is indeed a “mess.” It’s raining periodically today too and the workers will be going in and out of the house. I have no doubt that tonight there will be an even bigger mess.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG... that is so great!!

To me, the kitchen is THE MOST IMPORTANT part of the house...
It can be quite a mess tho ... Mike ripped out our kitchen cabinets b/f Matthew was born and handmade our new white cabinets....it's like a whole new kitchen. So fun to change the kitchen ... and I live in my kitchen! Someday when we have time we'll be redoing our bedroom and master bath.
Terri ~ LV NV
www.whomagoo.blogspot.com

Bacchus said...

Oh I understand that crazy impulse. We decided to redecorate three weeks before christmas. It has spread to our bedroom now. Baby R likes the fact that our mattress is now on the floor. Now he can climb on the bed himself and play.

Dan said...

I believe the next word he needs to learn is "chaos" as it sounds like it's going to head that way ;)

Good luck! hehe

Minge said...

Get a man in.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

HELLO!
Thanks to Dan (0ddness)
I have my own account... I'm a "person" now!

gayborhood gringo said...

Hope the mess from the rain wasn't too bad!

Daddy Cool said...

Gratz Terri welcome to blogpersonhood!

dan, no kidding.

The rainy mess wasn't too bad but I think I'm becoming desensitized to the whole debacle.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.