Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Bring your pic-a-nic basket!




You know I can’t join any group without volunteering in some way, so this year I’m helping to plan and organize our annual picnic. Announcement as follows:

On Saturday, Sept 16th from 3 to 6 PM, Rainbow Families DC will be hosting a family picnic/end of summer celebration at Jequie Park (in Takoma Park MD near DC and close to Metro).

This is a wonderful organization and I’ve met some great friends and families. If you’re interested in attending you can email me at dcrunner@yahoo.com for the details!


4 comments:

BriteYellowGun said...

Sounds like fun but I'll be too far away.

Mark said...

I've been reading your blog for a few weeks now.....lots of fun.

I remember when my son was E's age. It seemed like he got an ear ache every month......poor thing was so uncomfortable. We finally solved the problem by getting his tonsils taken out. Apparently it's not the done thing, but I can tell you from experience that he never had an ear ache again....

I loved putting him and his sister to bed each night. When they got old enough I would either read them a story or tell them a story every night......memories I will always remember.....

Enjoy him.....he's a treasure

The Brian said...

Hi Mark, thanks for posting.

I am trying to hold onto these days when E wants to be picked up and held. I know it won't be around forever.

Soon, he'll be asking me to drop him off blocks from the school so his friends don't see us. ; )

RIC said...

Fine job you're doing, Brian! Congrats!
I believe Mark is absolutely right. I went through that myself many years ago. I would have become deaf, had my tonsils not been taken out. After the operation I could go swimming whenever I felt like to without a care... It made me so happy, I can still remember it!
Greetings and all the best for E!
(He deserves a treat today!)